How do I add a Trusted Contact?
Add someone to your Trusted Contacts list is easy. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to the “Trusted Contacts” tab in the bottom navigation bar.
- Select “Invite Trusted Contact”. This creates your unique link to share with the person you’d like to invite.
- Share your invitation link however you prefer – be it via email, text, or any other way. You can send your invitation link to one or multiple people.
- Your recipient(s) will click your invitation link, which will take them directly to the 4Privacy app in their respective mobile App Store. They’ll download the app, complete registration, then click your invitation link again (after registering in the 4Privacy app) to complete the secure connection.
- Once they have the app and have clicked your invitation link again, you’ll see a verification pop up with the name of the person trying to connect with you as a Trusted Contact. Although this is likely the person you shared your invitation link with, if you are at all unsure, we suggest you call or text this person to confirm it really was *them* who used your link.
- Once they’re a Trusted Contact, you can share all or some of your folders with them.